Carlos Santana's Net Worth!
Carlos Santana's Net Worth!
Updated on November 21, 2022 15:06 PM by Michael Davis
Name: Carlos Humberto Santana Barragan
Nick Name: Carlos Santana
Date of Birth: July 20, 1947
Age: 75 years
Height: 1.77 m
Weight: 73 kg
Net Worth: $120 Million
Carlos Santana is a popular musician known for his work with the band Santana during the 1970s. Rolling Stone magazine considers him one of the greatest guitarists in this world. His net Worth is about $120 million.
Carlos Santana was born to Mexican parents in Autlan de Navarro, Jalisco. His father is a mariachi musician, and his younger brother Jorge became a professional guitarist. He began to live in the Mission District after coming to the United States and graduated from James Lick Middle School. In 1965, Carlos finished his secondary education at James Lick Middle School and left Mission High School in 1965. Many Universities, like Humboldt State University, California State University, and Northbridge University, accepted him. He decides to concentrate on his work and forego college.
- Carlos started his career by joining local bands and playing in matinee shows and bars.
- In 1950, he was influenced by popular artists such as B.B. King, T-Bone Walker, Javier Batiz, and John Lee Hooker.
- In the 1960s, Carlos introduced musical influences, including jazz and folk music and the growing hippie movement centered in San Francisco.
- In 19966, he formed Santana Blues Brand along with David Brown, Marcus Malone, and Gregg Rolie. The group signed with Columbia Records.
- In 1969, his band's first album reached 4th position on the US peak charts. This album made Carlos an overnight star in the United States.
- In 1990, Carlos left the band to focus on a single career where he enjoyed equal success.
- Some of his singles, like Illegal and No Llores Gloria Estefan with Shakira and Gloria Estefan, were hugely successful.
- In 2009, he appeared on the season finale of American Idol alongside other legendary groups like KISS and Queen.
- In 2014, he released his first-ever album in his Spanish language entitled Corazon.
- In 2015, he appeared as a Grateful Dead bassist in Phil Lesh's band Phil Lesh and Friends at the third annual Lockn' Festival.
- In 2016, Carlos reunited with past Santana band members, including Gregg Rolie, Michael Carabello, Michael Shrieve, and Neil Schon, to release the album Santana IV.
- On July 28, 2017, Santana collaborated with the Isley Brothers to release The Power of Peace album.
- In December 2018, he published a guitar lesson on YouTube as part of the online education series MasterClass.
- In 2019, he was featured on the American rapper Tyga’s song ‘Mamacita’ alongside American rapper YG.
- In 2010, Santana’s ‘Miraculous World Tour’ was canceled due to the COvid-19 pandemic.
- In 2021, he signed a new global record deal with BMG. He releases his new full-length studio album Blessings and Miracles.
In 1965, Carlos became an American citizen. From 1973 to 2007, he married Deborah King, daughter of blues musician Saunders King. The couple has three children named Salvador, Stella, and Angelica. After 34 years of marriage, King divorced in 2007.
In 2010, Santana proposed to his touring drummer Cindy Blackman on stage during a Tinley Park, Illinois concert. The two married in December 2010.
Awards and Achievements!
Carlos Santana won numerous honors, as he won a total of ten Grammy Awards and three Latin Grammy Awards. He also received other regional accolades, including the American Music Award, Amigo Awards, APRA Awards, and Bill Century Awards. In 2003, he was ranked 20th position in the list of 100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time by Rolling Stone Magazine.
Carlos Santana has a net worth of USD 120 million. He rose to fame in the late 60s and early 70s with his massive popular fusion of rock and Latin music. He had earned a great amount of money by getting a royalty from the sales of his albums. Carlos is one of the greatest guitarists ever-producer in the music industry. He also had been a part of many memorable albums with the band Santana.
Social Media Handle:
- Instagram – @carlossantana
- Facebook – Carlos Santana
- Twitter – @SantanaCarlos
- YouTube - @lamCarlosSantana
Q: How did Carlos Santana get famous?
A: Carlos became famous after his appearance at Woodstock in 1969.
Q: Why did Santana divorce their first wife?
A: He and his wife divorced after 34 years of marriage. The reason for the divorce is that she said, 'Her husband, as unfaithful, moved to dissolve their marriage'.
Q: Who is their spouse of Carlos?
A: Cindy Blackman and Deborah Santana were his spouses.
Q: Is he the greatest guitarist?
A: Carlos is regarded by Rolling Stone Magazine as one of the greatest guitarists ever to have lived.
Q: What is Carlos Santana doing now?
A: He is touring across two countries and has 49 upcoming concerts.