Where to Watch Squid Game except Netflix
Where to Watch Squid Game except Netflix
Updated on November 15, 2022 15:11 PM by Dhinesh
Squid Game is a South Korean drama television series. It is a Netflix original series created by Hwang Dong-hyuk. Squid Game is up on Netflix with 5200 series in 60 countries. The series consists of nine episodes that last about an hour. You can also stream Squid Game except for Netflix on:
- Escape Room
You can stream Squid Game on Viki, but the options are not satisfactory compared to Netflix. This streaming service allows you to stream many Korean dramas for free. You need to pay $10 monthly on Netflix to watch Squid Game. Viki is free, so it is a great way to stream Korean dramas and variety shows. In the U.S., Squid games can be watched in the dubbed Version. It's available on Hulu but only in Korean. You can also stream for 3% on the Brazilian streaming service. Brazilian service is similar to Squid Game, a death game that exploits poverty. If you are unfamiliar with Korean, you can choose your language as subtitles.
NordVPN is also the best way to watch Squid Game without any subscriptions. You can also choose a free trial pack and a money-back guarantee. There is an option to try NordVPN for seven days before you decide to pay for it. This provider has self-owned 200 servers located in 63 countries. On Netflix, Squid Game is not available in every region. NordVPN allows you to watch Squid Game in the United States, North Korea or Syria. This VPN service has no bandwidth and is assured of a safe and fast connection.
In Surfshark, you can watch Squid Game without any problems. This service has dedicated apps for all major platforms, so you can extend its range by installing it on the router. Surfshark include the U.S., can unblock most popular Netflix libraries, and U.K. Netflix U.S. has the most titles at 5879, but some countries have impressive collections. It has 3200 servers. Netflix is blocked in some regions like China, North Korea or Syria, but you can choose the best way, Surfshark, which is best in streaming speed and picture quality.
There is another way to watch Squid Game other than Netflix. You don’t need to register to watch it on other sites. If you are an English speaker, you can watch the English Version. If you don’t have access to Netflix, don't miss it. The best way to watch Squid Game is to buy the Korean Version and watch it on YouTube.
Year of the Film: 2021
- Rotten Tomatoes – 95%
- IMDb – 8/10
- Metacritic – 69/100
- Genre: Action, Drama, Thriller and Mystery
- Lee Jung-Jae as Seong Gi-hun
- Park Hae-soo as Cho Sang-woo
- Wi Ha-Joon as Hwang Jun-ho
- hoYeon Jung as Kang Sae-byeok
- Yeong-su as Oh II-nam
- Heo Sung-tae as Jang Deok-su
- Anupam Tripathi as Ali Abdul
- Kim Joo-young as Han Mi-nyeo
About the South Korean drama series
Squid Game series revolves around a contest where 456 players in high financial hardship risk their lives and are ready to play a series of deadly children's games for a chance to win US$35 million. Squid Game consists of one season with nine episodes. The run time of each episode is 32 to 63 minutes. The series was released in all Netflix worldwide markets on September 17, 2021. In June 2022, the series was renewed for a second season, slated to broadcast by late 2023 or early 2024. The episodes of season one are
- Red Light, Green Light
- The Man with the Umbrella
- Stick to the team
- A Fair World
- Front Man
- One Lucky Day
Awards and Achievements
- Gotham Awards
- Kim Ji-Yeon and Hwang Dong-hyuk won the Breakthrough Series-Long Form
- Lee Jung-Jae nominated for Outstanding Performance in a New Series
Hollywood Music in Media Awards
Jung Jae-il won Score – TV Show/Limited Series
People’s Choice Awards
Squid Game won Bingeworthy Show of the Year
Squid Game nominated for Drama Program
Art Directors Guild Awards
Chae Kyoung-sun won Excellence in Production Design for a One-Hour Contemporary Single-Camera Serie
Critics’ Choice Television Awards
- Squid Game won Best Drama Series
- Lee Jung-Jae won Best Actor in a Drama Series
- Squid Game won Best Foreign Language Series
Squid Game won Special Award
Golden Globe Awards
- Squid Game was nominated for Best Television series – Drama
- Lee Jung-Jae was nominated for Best Actor in a Television Series – Drama
- Yeong-su won Best Supporting Actor - Television
Producers Guild of America Awards
Squid Game was nominated for Outstanding Producer of Episodic Television – Drama.
Screen Actors Guild Awards
- Lee Jung-Jae, Park Hae-soo, Wi Ha-Joon, Hoyeon Jung, Anupam Tripathi, Heo Sung-Tae, O Yeong-su, and Kim Joo-young were nominated for Outstanding Performance an Ensemble in a Drama Series.
- Lee Jung-Jae won Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Drama Series.
- Jung Ho-Yeon won Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Drama Series.
- Squid Game won Outstanding Performance by a Stunt Ensemble in a Television
Golden Reel Awards
- Hye-Young Kang, Tae-Young Choi, Byung-In Kim, and Eun-Ji Ye (for VIPS) were nominated for Outstanding Achievement in Sound Editing Series 1 Hour – Comedy or Drama – Dialogue and ADR.
- Hye-Young Kang, Ye-Jin Jo, Hye-Jin Yang, Taek-Hyun Hong, and Chung-Gyu Lee (for VIPS) were nominated for Outstanding Achievement in Sound Editing series 1 Hour,Comedy or Drama – Sound Effects and Foley.
- Jae-il Jung (for Red Light, Green Light) was nominated for Outstanding Achievement in Sound Editing Series 1 Hour – Comedy or Drama – Music.
Cinema Audio Society Awards
Park Hyeon-Soo, Serge Perron, and Cameron Sloan (for VIPS) were nominated for Outstanding Achievement in Sound Mixing for Television Series, One Hour.
Costume Designers Guild Awards
Cho Sang-Kyung (for VIPS) nominated for Excellence in Contemporary Television
Independent Spirit Awards
Lee Jung-Jae won Best Male Performance in a New Scripted Series
Critics’ Choice Super Awards
- Squid Game won Best Action Series
- Lee Jung-Jae won Best Actor in an Action Series
- HoYeon Jung won Best Actress in an Action Series
Baeksang Arts Awards
- Squid Game won Grand Prize – Television
- Hwang Dong-hyuk won Best Director
- Jung Jae-il won Baeksang Arts Technical Award
Hollywood Critics Association TV Awards
- Squid Game won Best Streaming Series, Drama
- Lee Jung-Jae won Best Actor in a Streaming Series, Drama
Blue Dragon Series Awards
- Lee Jung-Jae won Best Actor
- HoYeon Jung won Best New Actress
26th Bucheon International Fantastic Film Festival
Squid Game won a series of Film Award
Primetime Emmy Awards
- Lee Jung-Jae (for Gganbu) won Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series
- Hwang Dong-hyuk (for Red Light, Green Light) won Outstanding Directing for a Drama Series
Primetime Creative Arts Emmy Awards
- Lee Yoo-mi (for Gganbu) won Outstanding Guest Actress in a Drama Series
- Chae Kyoung-sun, Gim En-jee and Kim Jeong-gun (for Gganbu) won Outstanding Production Design for a Narrative Contemporary Program
- Cheong Jai-hoon, Kang Moon-Jung, Kim Hye-jin, Jo Hyun-jin, Kim Seong-Chul, Lee Jae-bum, Shin Min-soo, Seok Jong-Yeon and Jun Sung-man (for VIPS) won Outstanding
- Special Visual Effects in s Single Episodes
- Lim Tae-hoon, Shim Sang-min, Kim Chai and Lee Tae-young (for Stick to the Team) won Outstanding Stunt Performance
8th APAN Star Awards
Heo Sung-Tae won Best Supporting Actor