Entertainment

After 'Batgirl' was canceled, Marvel filmmakers reached out to the directors

By FactsWow Team

Posted on: 06 Aug, 2022

After 'Batgirl' director Billal Fallah and Adil Al Arbi were informed the film had been scrapped, Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige has shown his support to them.

Several filmmakers, including the primary producer of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, have contacted the two directors following Warner Bros.' shocking announcement.

He posted a screenshot of a recent email he received from the producer on his Instagram Story, which he had recently shared with his followers.

According to Feige, in the message he sent, he wrote: 'My friends, I had to reach out to let you know we are all thinking about you and your family.'.

Due to the wonderful news concerning the wedding and the disappointing news about Batgirl, I am taking this week off. 

There is no doubt that I am very proud of you guys and the amazing work you do, in particular Ms. Marvel of course! It will be exciting to see what is next for you in the future. It will be a pleasure to see you again soon.'

The text was then replaced with 'Thanks brother Kevin' written by Al Arbi. Another Story expressed the director's thanks for 'all the messages of support all over the world,' as well as a specific shout-out to 'Baby Driver director Edgar Wright and 'Guardians of the Galaxy director James Gunn, who offered 'kind words and support through this tough period.'

There was a confirmation from Warner Bros. on Tuesday that it was not releasing the films 'Batgirl' and 'Scoob'. It's the Holiday Haunt this year.

There was a statement from a Warner Bros. spokesperson that said: 'The decision not to release 'Batgirl' is the result of our leadership's strategic shift towards the DC universe and HBO Max,'.

'Leslie Grace has an incredibly talented acting career, and this decision has nothing to do with her performance,' said the statement.

Thank You!

For more stories like this

Explore our website

TAP FOR MORE