Media Credits : Sky News
Shockingly, a California appeals court has brought back lawsuits from two men who allege they were sexually abused by Michael Jackson for years when they were boys. The details of allegations were explained in the documentary ‘Leaving Neverland’ in 2019.
Media Credits : The Times
Safechuck explained that Michael Jackson allegedly sexually abused was began during a trip to Paris in 1988, when he was nine years old, and ended in 1992. He claims that Michael Jackson demonstrated masturbation before coaching the minor.
Media Credits : Vanity Fair
Robson also explained that the lawsuit states Michael Jackson’s alleged abuse of him began in 1990 when he was seven and staying at the Neverland Ranch with his family for the weekend.
Media Credits : The Independent
The lawsuit also claims that MJJ Productions Inc staff had witnessed Jackson putting his hand on Robson’s crotch and discovered their underwear on the floor beside the bed. But, MMJ Productions Inc staff just joked at that.
Media Credits : Salon.com
Previously, Robson and Safechuck have brought back the lawsuits after dismissal. A new California law broadened the scope of sexual abuse cases enabled the appeals court to restore them, hopefully.
Media Credits : CNBC
On Friday, August, 18, the case was reopened because a three-judge panel from California’s 2nd District Court of Appeal found that the lawsuits of Wade Robson and James Safechuck should not have been dismissed by a lower court.
Media Credits : Medium
A judge who dismissed the suits in 2021 found that the two Michael Jackson-owned corporations that were named as defendants in the cases, MJJ Productions Inc. and MJJ Ventures Inc., had a responsibility to protect them.corporations.
Media Credits : Us Weekly
The higher court judges explained that a corporation that facilitates the sexual abuse of its employees is not excused from an affirmative duty to protect them because just owned by the perpetrator of the abuse. So, the judgment was reversed.
Media Credits : Female First
According to The Associated Press email, Jonathan Steinsapir, attorney for Michael Jackson’s estate, said they were very confident that Michael Jackson was innocent of these allegations, and was made by men motivated solely by money.
Media Credits : Vanity Fair
In July, Steinsapir had argued for the defense that it does not make sense that employees would be legally required to stop the behavior of their boss. He also said that the evidence showed that the parents had no expectation of the employees to act as monitors.
Media Credits : South China Morning Post
Until Friday, August, 18, Steinsapir explained that the judges did not rule on the truth of the allegations themselves. That will be the subject of a forthcoming jury trial in Los Angeles. Steinsapir trusts that the truth is beside Michael Jackson.
For more stories like this
Explore our website